Version 7.0 of PDF.js Express includes many new features (including a brand new UI), and a bunch of improvements and bug fixes!
There are also a few breaking changes, which are more closely discussed in the migration guide
- A new and improved default UI that is structured a bit differently. The previous UI is still accessible with the constructor option
- All APIs now take 1-indexed page numbers. Previously some APIs would take 0-indexed page numbers.
- Search constants have been moved to the CoreControls namespace.
- Updated the RubberStampCreateTool to allow the creation of custom stamps.
- Updated the RubberStampCreateTool to allow setting a list of default stamps and custom stamps. These lists are used by default in the UI.
- Added a count measurement tool which will track the number of count annotations on the document.
- Properties and constants now consistently use the same casing throughout the WebViewer APIs. For example Namespace.MY_CONSTANT. The previous casings still remain for backwards compatibility.
- Added support for displaying polyline line endings
- Added AnnotationManager.getCopiedAnnotations API to get the list of annotations that are currently copied
- Added a historyChanged event to AnnotationHistoryManager as well as the canUndo and canRedo functions.
- Added a getContents API to the FreeText editor instance
- Added a fitText API to FreeText and Callout annotations to programmatically fit the annotation to the text so that all text is visible
- Added a new event that is fired when the active search result has changed
- Fixed issue where images with built in orientation data weren't being displayed upright in all browsers.
- Fixed issue where widgets with the same name were not showing the formatted value correctly
- Fixed issue where switching to a different tool when making a highlight annotation would leave the highlight annotation in the document
- Fixed issue where deleting widgets from the document wasn't removing the field's reference to the widget
- Fixed issue where rich text editor wasn't focused the first time in iOS devices
- Fixed issue where typing in certain text areas in PDF causes the screen to flicker in IE11
- Fixed issue with accented characters in freetext annotations being cut off
- Fixed issue where undo/redo of a FreeText annotation would throw a warning message about appearance render
- Fixed issue where setting the dropdownbox list via embedded JS did not work properly
- Fixed issue where entity elements in XFDF could cause the XML parser to lock up
- Fixed issue where calling getFileData on a doc instance that is created by CoreControls.createDocument would throw an error
- Fixed issue with the overrideSelection property on tools
- Fixed issue where some date formats weren't accepted by date fields
- Fixed issue where the PDF.js worker was getting loaded multiple times
- Fixed issue where form field font sizes were not properly set
- Fixed issue where several pages of form fields were sometimes ignored
- New default user interface with improved grouping of tools and organization of components.
- Added UI for creating custom stamps with different text, colors, date, time and user name.
- Added a setCustomModal API
- Added a count measurement tool button in the measurement group.
- Updated the search panel to use a virtualized list for improved performance with many search results.
- Added support for changing the color of signatures as they are created.
- Added API to customize annotation tooltips
- Added option to include or exclude annotation when printing
- Added the MouseWheelZoom feature which allows disabling of zooming with the mouse wheel
- Fixed issue where the aspect ratio of thumbnails wasn't preserved in some cases
- Fixed issue where the annotation layer that overlaps the thumbnails wasn't exactly aligned with the page content
- Fixed issue where you can type past max/min zoom level and exposed APIs to get max/min zoom level
- Fixed the swipe threshold so that swiping the pages worked better
- Fixed issue with disabling FreeText editing on the page not working as expected